My lotus stash. I bought up a bunch when I heard it was going to be discontinued last year. Luckily they decided to keep printing it! I should buy up some more dots and wallflower!
I think I've written about it before. Maybe a lot, why I love Amy Butler. She's got some sort of magic, that's for sure! That light blue Lotus wallflower print brought me back into the sewing world about 3 years ago. And I'm pretty sure I've swooned over every new product she's come out with. That's sort of the reason behind this Amy Butler Sew & Tell challenge and giveaway!
There are many things to celebrate right now:
- my 2nd year of blogging here about my sewing and crafting adventures
- the 1st anniversary of Sew & Tell
- almost 500 of you lovely people are following me (you like me, you really like me!)(and I like you too!)
I thought it would be great fun to have some Amy Butler Fabrics to giveaway with these patterns so I contacted the lovely Nadine from The Material Girls Quilts and she donating 3 yards of fabric to giveaway!
I love Nadine's shop. She orders FULL LINES AND COLORWAYS, so if you are looking for something she probably has it. I go there multiple times when I'm visiting my mom. Thanks, Nadine!
And Cynthia from Fabricworm is donating a $25 gift certificate to her shop!
Cynthia sells awesome fat quarter bundles and always has the newest and hippest lines in stock as well! She informed me that Amy's new line "Soul Blossoms" will be in stock later this year. Yippee!
Now onto the challenge. I want you to get out that Amy Butler fabric you are hoarding because you don't want to cut into it, or are afraid it might get discontinued and make something beautiful with it!! Make something from one of her patterns you've been meaning to make all these years.
On September 24th we'll have an all-Amy-all-the-time-Sew & Tell! As long as your project has some Amy Butler fabric in it or you have used one of her patterns (some free on her site) and it has been completed between now and the 24th - you will be able to link up that day!
Edited to add:
1. The project doesn't have to be ALL AB fabrics and patterns. It just has to have one element of Amy Butler in it - a pattern and /or fabric.
2. You can post about it before the 24th but you won't be able to link up until then. If you do post soon, please link back to this post until we get the other one up.
3. You can link to a Flickr picture if you don't have a blog. I'm totally cool with that. :)
I will have these prizes plus a few more to giveaway that day. You will earn extra entries with your project link ups!
I'm so excited to see what everyone is doing! I have a goal to show an Amy Butler inspired project every Friday until then - Crib dust ruffle, new bag, pillowcases, accent pillow... I'd better get going!
Grab the sew & tell challenge button over there on my sidebar and proudly display your participation in this fun event!
What are you planning on making?