First off, if you missed it yesterday, go read my interview with Sara and enter to win this beautiful handmade bag!
I panicked a little when I started to put this post together. Even with all the sewing I had done this week I thought that all I has to show you was a small, but very cute headband I made for sisterlouwho. Not that small finishes aren't worth celebrating...
When I started to download the photos from my camera I was reminded of a very early finish I had on Sunday night. Whew!
I love that you can tie a little something on a rolled up handmade gift and it practically wraps itself.
A dear friend, and when I say dear I mean sainted (she watched my kids last night and cleaned my kitchen and mopped my floors while I was gone!!!), had a baby 4 months ago and we had picked out this fabric so I could make her a new bag. It didn't get finished for the arrival of the sweet baby, but it was her birthday Monday and I wanted to surprise her by FINALLY finishing it!
When we came back Sunday afternoon from our weekend away I was overflowing with sewing motivation. I finished cutting it out and sewed it up!
She replaced her fairly new Vera Bradley with this and told me she got three compliments on it the first day! That makes me feel good!
Pattern: amylouwho signature bag (pattern not yet available - interested?)
Fabric exterior: Dandy Damask in Avocado, Michael Miller
Fabric interior: cotton print from Joann's - printed in Japan
Finishing things makes me feel good too! What sewing project did you finish this week?
Oh! and thanks to Sara - picture linkies are BACK! :)
Please follow the guidelines as spaces are limited - linky will close after the first 30 entries.
Linky Rules. Please read carefully. The delete monster will be eating non-compliant links.
1. Please write the post for sew & tell - or add a blurb mentioning sew & tell to a post written since the last sew & tell. If you are linking to a post with your own tutorial, please make sure it was a finish from this week and that the completed project is shown first.
2. One linky per person. (please put multiple projects in one post.)
3. Link to your specific post. (See here for permalink instructions - or email me.)
4. Link back here with a link or a button (HTML on my sidebar).
5. Be sure to visit and leave comments on other's posts!