I finished up and sent off my Spicing Up the Kitchen swap package a few weeks ago. I wanted to wait to blog about it until my partner had received it. And then I realized that I deleted the pictures of the completed project off my camera before I had actually downloaded them. Whaaaaaa?? I've never done that before and I am kicking myself!
This project was a lot of fun. I love it so much I cut out a bunch of these so that I can make at least one more, probably 2. I need to go get some more red polka dots.
When I started I was thinking I would make a cute half apron out of it. But Barb is about to have her 3rd baby and I remember how I felt about tieing anything around my midsection postpartum. I thought a table topper would be a better fit. Plus she has the coolest retro red table!
Here's a process pic I took, I got a little fancy free-motion quilting a flower in the center. I just straight line quilted around the blades and zig zagged the circle in place.
Then I stippled around the background and bound it in the red dot.
For batting I actually used insulbrite so this is heat resistant. And the perfect size for a 9x13 casserole dish!
Luckily my partner, Quilting Barbie, took some great pictures of the package and the table topper on her table. Here's one of the pictures:
The apple and pear fabric was a theme in her inspiration mosaic, I was so happy that I have it in my stash! It's so cute on the back!
You'll have to go over to her post to see the rest. And go to this post to see the dresden she made for the doll quilt swap!
This swap was so much fun and I hope to have it together enough to do another one soon!