Look at cute Candy! Unfortunately we haven't had the pleasure of meeting in person but we have exchanged many many emails and facebook messages. I can't wait to give her a hug in person when we meet in real life!
It was really fun to watch her and hear her voice! She is a biology professor by day and has great way of connecting with her audience.
The DVD is broken up in to the following chapters.
Not only does she talk about the basics of dyeing and how she came up with her process, she discusses color theory.
My favorite quote from the video, "I get obsessed with a particular color..." I so hear you! (#turquoiseobsessionmuch?) We've bonded over our love of turquoise-y blues and bright greens (and bird silhouettes)!
She even came up with her own “Candiotic Table of Elemental Color”
She is able to recreate any color here by using the recipes she also discusses.
In the chapter, "Using Quilting as a Line + Conclusion", she shows how she makes her mini art quilts. This was probably my favorite part of the DVD - her botanical sketches are gorgeous! I love this pillow in particular.
She has definitely cultivated her signature look and I love it. I love how passionate she is about creating every element of her art. And really, when you think about the fact that she creates every part from the color of the fabric on up, it really is art.
Here are a few other examples of things that she has made (that I love!)
And probably my favorite was this quilt for babylouwho that several blogging friends made for me. Candy contributed the fabrics.
What's a baby quilt picture without the baby? I can't believe she's not this little anymore!
And here's a preview of the video!
Now, for what you have all been waiting for - the GIVEAWAY! Would you like to own your own copy? Candy is offering up one copy of her DVD to one of you.
Leave a comment telling me about a current work in progress! Me? I'm working on a dresden plate mini quilt. :) And leave an email in your comment so I can reach you!!
Winners will be announced on Monday, December 5!
And as reminder, here’s the rest of the tour:
- Friday, 11/11 – Victoria Gertenbach of The Silly BooDilly
- Monday, 11/14 – Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River
- Wednesday, 11/16 – Kathy Mack of Pink Chalk Studio
- Friday, 11/18 – Melody Johnson of Fibermania
- Monday, 11/21 – Amy Ellis of Amy’s Creative Side
- Wednesday, 11/23 – Diane Doran of Ooh! Pretty Colors
- Friday, 11/25 – Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber
- Monday, 11/28 – Brenda Gael Smith of Serendipity and the Art of the Quilt
- Wednesday, 11/30 – Amy Webb of Amy Lou Who Sews
- Friday, 12/2 – Robin Ferrier of Simply Robin
- Tuesday, 12/6 – Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
- Thursday, 12/8 – Beth and the gang from Sew Mama Sew