I also want to wax poetic about the loveliness of the people who made the blocks for me and all the things I learned on my first real foray into free motion machine quilting. I know, you can hardly wait!! ;0)
I've been sewing up a storm working on a few projects, including the kitchen swap and some bee blocks. But I wanted to share this with you today!
I love this bag! If you haven't heard of V. and Co. you need to get over there now! She's got so many ideas in her head it's amazing. Therefore she has a ton of great tutorials and patterns not to mention awesomely funny and entertaining blog posts! I made this bag from her pattern, The Favorite Bag.
It also came with the pattern for this detachable flower.
I've always wanted to make some fabric flowers but have been too intimidated to break out my glue gun. It wasn't really that bad. I need to get over my unsubstantiated fear of hot glue and it's little stringy off-spring.
I haven't made a bag for a while - I kind of had bag burnout after last year. But I think I'm going to be making some more. And definitely more of these little flowers! They are on a bar pin so I can take it off and wear it on my favorite cardi!
So what have you all been up to the last month or so? Link up a finished project below and remember our Sew & Tell linky etiquette:
NEW RULES FOR LINKING UP! Please read carefully. The delete monster will be eating non-compliant links.
1. Please write the post for sew & tell - or add a blurb mentioning sew & tell to a post written since the last sew & tell. If you are linking to a post with your own tutorial, please make sure it was a finish from this week and that the completed project is shown first.
2. One linky per person. (please put multiple projects in one post.)
3. Link to your specific post. (See here for permalink instructions - or email me.)
4. Link back here with a link or a button.
5. Be sure to visit and leave comments on other's posts!