I should be in bed right now resting, not staying up too late. (Like I have been, reading this book - which you should read if you haven't. Amazing true story. It really deserves a post of it's own.) But I wanted to show you a few more things I've done for the baby quilt.
As I mentioned last week, I found out that my backing fabric wasn't quite wide enough to give me an extra inch or two that you need in comparison to the quilt top. (Does that make sense?) I was getting ready to do my quilt sandwich with my new BFF spray baste when I found this out. I was immensely discouraged. I'd gained so much momentum and I just wanted to get it finished!
So like with any problem I have with sewing, I consulted my sewing tips hotline 1-800-CALL-MOM. I had a plan but wanted to run it by her. Make sure I added enough fabric to the back, etc, etc. She approved.
So I took the leftover block sets, that weren't 5.5" - more like 4", and I set to making a row down one long side of the backing fabric. After messing around with them I got something that looked a little like this:
My little helper came to my rescue again and took the discarded scraps and started arranging them down the other side of the quilt. I couldn't help but think I might have future Quilt Dad on my hands!
Thanks everyone for your well wishes on Friday's post. I'm sorry I haven't been able to visit all of you yet! See you on the other side!