One of the fabrics she liked was from the Snippets line by American Jane. I liked it too so I got the coordinating stripe for the lining.
Instead of the two larger (diaper and wipe) sized pockets she asked for a cell phone pocket. Luckily my husband has the same one, so I know it will fit!
She also opted for a zipper pocket. I used this tutorial at Sew, Mama, Sew. It's pretty good, but it always takes me a few times doing it to really get it right.
It has the cute floral on the inside of the pocket....oh! I forgot to get a picture of that, just a sec.....
there we go! cute, right? And did you notice the polka-dot key holder?
She also wanted the bag to be able to stand up on it's own. I think I achieved that!
I was a little worried until I figured out how to line it. I use Pellon's fusible Thermolam (thicker than their fusible fleece, and doesn't pucker if ironed with steam). I typically only put the interfacing on the lining of the bag. But I decided for more stability to line the outer fabric AND the lining. I'd say it stands up on it's own pretty well!
Two straps were requested instead of the one messenger style. I actually like this length. It hits right about the hip so you can tuck it under your arm while the straps hold it on your shoulder.
It's off to
P.S. There was a glitch with our Sew & Tell button over the long weekend. I have new code over there on my sidebar. If you are new - grab it if you'd like! If you've had our button up - you'll need to switch to this new code. Sorry for the trouble!
Time to share!
1. Link to your specific post (email me if you have questions about that.)
2. Please mention us here and link back to this post so everyone can join in.
3. Pat each other on the backs in the comments!
Can't wait to see what you've done!